Search Bar Functionality

General questions and answers about infoRouter EDMS

Moderator: infoRouter Guru

friedman

Search Bar Functionality

Post by friedman » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:12 am

What configurations need to be made to enable the search function in the top right hand corner of the InfoRouter application. Searching by use of the enhanced search option available under the search tab works correctly, however, no results are returned for similarly searched entries made in the area in question.

Thank you,
Barry

Tarkyn

Re: Search Bar Functionality

Post by Tarkyn » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:30 pm

Hi Barry,

Are you sure that you are logged in when you use the quick search function at the top right of the screen?
I have found that I have used this and not had any search results, and then realised that I was not logged in

A good reminder is to make sure that you see the "Logout" link underneath the search box and not "member login".

Using version 8.0.48 I have entered the same search term in the quick search function at the top right of the screen and using the Search tab and got exactly the same results.

Hope this helps.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Search Bar Functionality

Post by Admin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:36 pm

Hello Barry,

The search box located on the upper right hand corner of infoRouter has been designed to deliver results based on "text content" of documents.

Example:
Enter "organization" into this search box and hit return.
Search will return all documents (only the ones you have access to) that contains the text "organization" within the body of the document.
It will NOT return documents that have the search term in the document name such as organizationalbehavior.pdf
By the way, the "Advanced Search" screen prompt labeled "Documents containing text" delivers the same exact results.

If your intention is to search for documents named a certain way, you MUST use the prompt labeled "Documents of Folders Named".
This prompt allows you to use wild cards such as organization*.* or org*.pdf to search for documents that match a certain pattern.

I hope this helps.

Forum Administrator

Return to “General Questions & Issues About infoRouter EDMS”