Insufficient rights

General questions and answers about infoRouter EDMS

Moderator: infoRouter Guru

klucas1

Insufficient rights

Post by klucas1 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:02 pm

I've been getting complaints about users being not being able to access Root folders directly in the InfoRouter or unable to access there data when logging directly into the GUI.
Users are getting a message "Insufficient rights". Strange things is, that the folders are all allowed for full access to all users and users can still access their files directly from the ULR ID's link.
A couple of folks have complained but I was assuming it was a browser issue and I had them delete all cookies, temporary internet files and even setting the browsers back to default but issue stil remained. We only support IE 6 in our environment and even firefox is not supported at all, though folks still use it. I cannot duplicate the issue and its only been a small number of folks versus the other 13,000. Is there something else I should be checking?

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Insufficient rights

Post by Admin » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:06 am

Hello,

We have looked into this and have found that the users in question were not in the user group.
Because these users were synchronized with LDAP, the question is more like, "Were these users in LDAP when the synchronization program ran?

It might also be a matter of some users getting dropped due to LDAP performance or accuracy of results.
We have sent you our specific findings in a separate email.

Thank you for posting.

For those interested in LDAP User Synchronization please read these two documents.

https://www.inforouter.com/Downloads/V8 ... cation.pdf

https://www.inforouter.com/Downloads/V8 ... anager.pdf

I hope this helps.

Board Admin

Return to “General Questions & Issues About infoRouter EDMS”