Copy Function

General questions and answers about infoRouter EDMS

Moderator: infoRouter Guru

sjm

Copy Function

Post by sjm » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:01 pm

We now have version 8. Users have found the copy function easier to access from the drop down menu.
One user is getting carried away and copying documents and pasting them in other folders and libraries, which is unnecessary.
I want to restrict this user from copying documents but still allow them to create new documents in those other folders and libraries when required.
I cannot find a library policy to restrict a user copying and pasting.
How do I control users copying documents?

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Copy Function

Post by Admin » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:59 am

Hello,

The Copy/Paste function is controlled by the "Create Document" action which in return is tied to security with rights that are "Add" or higher.
If you would like the user to create documents, there is no way to prevent them from pasting the document.

We may create policy just for this but it seems it would be overkill. What I mean is, it would be a policy designed just to make things difficult and not prevent something.
Because this person can simply download the document and then upload the document into the other library.

Alternatively, we may create a policy that would check for (and disallow) creation of duplicate documents. This could be accomplished via check sum comparison.

We have placed this idea into our to do list for prioritization.

I hope this helps.

Return to “General Questions & Issues About infoRouter EDMS”