Email creation date

General questions and answers about infoRouter EDMS

Moderator: infoRouter Guru

sjm

Email creation date

Post by sjm » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:50 pm

When an email is registered the creation date is either the date the email was sent or the date it was received, unlike other documents which have a creation date of the actual date they were uploaded.
When I want to report on my registry figures, based on the creation date, they are inaccurate because of the email creation date.
Any suggestions on how I can report my document registration totals for a particular period?

infoRouter Guru

Re: Email creation date

Post by infoRouter Guru » Wed May 12, 2010 7:32 am

Hello,

This is an enhancement we added in 8.1.101 which is currently under testing (Today is May 12, 2010).

Additional information:
As you may have noticed, some documents in infoRouter have the actual creation date of the document and some reflect the creation/registration date into infoRouter (Example: Word document created on the desktop then uploaded via the web interface). The documents uploaded into infoRouter via the web interface will always reflect the date in which the document was uploaded. Whereas documents uploaded using the Import/Export tool will reflect the actual creation date of the document. This is due to the fact that we cannot access the creation date as a document is being uploaded. We have no other choice but to use the current date.

The Office Add-in or the Outlook Add-in allows us to access these dates so we can use any of the fields available to us.

In 8.1.101, we have created an additional database field called the "register date" where we will keep track of creation/registration dates separately.

We plan to make the new release public in about a week or so.

The Guru

Return to “General Questions & Issues About infoRouter EDMS”