Shortcuts

General questions and answers about infoRouter EDMS

Moderator: infoRouter Guru

sjm

Shortcuts

Post by sjm » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:44 pm

When creating document shortcuts and the 'Select an Item' screen appears the only option I have is to browse.
I may want to target a document that is located in a folder which contains thousands of sub folders.
I have to click next continuously to find the appropriate folder and it is cumbersome when the document resides in a folder towards the end of the folder list.
Is it possible to have a folder browse and folder search similar to when a document is uploaded?

infoRouter Guru

Re: Shortcuts

Post by infoRouter Guru » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:40 am

Hello,

The control we have created to do the browsing does not support the searching. Another way to help ease the pain of navigation may be the following:

Create a pop-up menu item called create shortcut.
When clicked, this menu will create a shortcut for the selected document (right there in the current folder beside the target).
The shortcut can then be copied or moved to where the shortcut needs to be.

This is a much simpler approach than have to search or navigate within a small limited control.

Let's discuss.

The Guru

sjm

Re: Shortcuts

Post by sjm » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:56 pm

I like the idea of creating the shortcut in the current folder and then moving it to the another folder.
I have attempted to set up a pop-up menu but am not sure what is required in my custommenu.xml file.
Can I set it up so that I check the item for shortcut, click on my shortcut link, name it and save?
Could you please give me details to create my pop-up menu?
Thank you

Return to “General Questions & Issues About infoRouter EDMS”