How To Delete A Domain Library

General questions and answers about infoRouter EDMS

Moderator: infoRouter Guru

klucas1

How To Delete A Domain Library

Post by klucas1 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:42 pm

I reently created a Domain Library and selected a model for it. After I created the Library, I noticed that there were files and folders in it. Assuming this was becuase of the option I selected for model, I wanted to start over and delete the Library. However when I tried to do so, I got a message that I could not delete becuase there were documents/folders that existed. So I attempted to remove the data but when I checked back in the GUI, the data no longer showed. I tried logging in as myslelf and as a admin and still no data was showing from the GUI or WEb Dav. When I tried to delete the Domain Library again, I still get the same message telling me there is data in it. Then I realize I had been back in forth between web protals I've been working. I figure I go to the most recent protal I was working on and then try accessing the Library and low and behold, the data was there. I deteleted it finally.

Is that normal?
When creating a domain Libaray, what does the model option really mean So I can avoid such occurances?
I guess best practices when your doing admin stuff becuase appartently you can't do certain things that at the same time.

infoRouter Guru

Re: How To Delete A Domain Library

Post by infoRouter Guru » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:30 am

Hello,

When you access the "Document Library", it does NOT matter which portal you are coming in from. The "Document Library" is always the same document library. So there should be no difference.

As for the Model Library option, the idea is to create a library that looks identical to the library chosen as the model.

Where this is useful is in cases where you have a set of pre-determined folders/sub-folders, pre-determined documents etc. that needs to be created every time a Library folder is created.

A good example of this is project folders that follow the same structure.

If you wish to create a Library from scratch with no data, do NOT use the Model Library option.

We have made deleting a library somewhat difficult to avoid someone coming in with admin privileges and deleting an entire library. So we do check for existing documents, folders etc. before we allow the deletion of a library. If you are experiencing something else, please contact us at support@inforouter.com directly so we may provide direct support.

The Guru

Return to “General Questions & Issues About infoRouter EDMS”