logout in inforouter

General questions and answers about infoRouter EDMS

Moderator: infoRouter Guru

oliver

logout in inforouter

Post by oliver » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:24 am

Greetings.
I recently installed the trial version of inforouter 8 and it works excellently well except for two issues
1. I am unable to logout from the system using the logout link. i have had to be exiting the browser at all times
2. Searching doesnt seem to work properly even though i have enabled indexing service from services control panel

I am using windows 2003 server.

Thanks in advance for the help
Oliverdejohnson

infoRouter Guru

Re: logout in inforouter

Post by infoRouter Guru » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:58 am

Hello Oliver,

The logout button only works with IE. With Mozilla based browsers (Firefox, Chrome etc.), you must use CTRL+SHIFT+DEL to clear your login information from the browser.

As for "Search", please define "properly". I'll be glad to help if you provide details regarding the problem.

The Guru

oliver

Post by oliver » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:31 am

Thanks Guru,
I was wondering if this could be fixed in perharps next release cos this isnt "too" nice.

infoRouter Guru

Post by infoRouter Guru » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:37 am

Hello Oliver,

Unfortunately this is not something we can fix. It is the behavior of the browser and currently ONLY Internet Explorer supports this feature.

I hope this clears things up.

The Guru

oliver

Post by oliver » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:48 am

That clears things up logically but not technically. I was thinking the logout could be implemented in as standard way such that all standard compliant browsers can understand.

Anyways its a big help to know that someone's got my back with my inforouter adventure.

infoRouter Guru

Post by infoRouter Guru » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:19 am

Oliver,

Unfortunately the entire matter is a technical choice other browsers made and it kind of makes sense.
The reason why Mozilla based browser will not allow us to implement the logout button is simple:

They deliberately do NOT allow the browser's authentication header to be modified by a program.
It is simply a security issue. They want to prevent a web site to be able to access the header so they force a key stroke (combination) to ensure that the user (a human) has initiated this and NOT a program or script.

When a user clicks on the "Logout" button, we do the required work in the background to clear the credentials and cache but the browser header (Mozilla based browsers) still holds the credential information. The browser simply re-submits it with the next operation. At that point, we do not know whether the user logged in, or if the browser sent that information from its header.

We've got your back.

The Guru.

Return to “General Questions & Issues About infoRouter EDMS”