Multiple check ins.

General questions and answers about infoRouter EDMS

Moderator: infoRouter Guru

Eroll Wilkerson

Multiple check ins.

Post by Eroll Wilkerson » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:43 pm

I have a habit of checking out multiple documents. What I would like to do is check them in all at the same time.
Is there an easy way to do this?

infoRouter Guru

Re: Multiple check ins.

Post by infoRouter Guru » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:40 pm

Yes. Use the zip upload feature with multiple zipped documents. Some or all the documents may be checked out.
When uploaded, inforouter will compare the documents and determine if they have been changed and if so, the documents will be checked in and the new versions will be created.

Buttons

Post by Buttons » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:41 pm

Hi

We are using version 8.0.40 and have tried to use this method of checking in multiple documents.

However it doesn't seem to work. If they are checked out and you try to bring them in using the 'new' zip file it brings up an error advising that 'the documents are in use'. It doesn't check them in at all or create any new versions. If we download them as a zip file and then upload the zip file it works beautifully and creates the new versions. The only issue with this method is that documents aren't marked as checked out so more than one person could be editing them at once (I doubt this is what it was created for).

Would you be able to provide clarification on how the 'checking in multiple documents' using the zip file should work - or is this only occurring in version 8?

Inforouter Legend

Post by Inforouter Legend » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:43 pm

I have encountered the same issue as 'Buttons'. Can any clarification be provided on this issue?

Return to “General Questions & Issues About infoRouter EDMS”