Email Templates

General questions and answers about infoRouter EDMS

Moderator: infoRouter Guru

Lisa

Email Templates

Post by Lisa » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:46 am

I modified the email templates but every time I run Live Update, my changes are overwritten. Finally I decided to keep a backup copy so I can overwrite what the Live Update messes up for me.

Is there an easy way to do this????????? :evil:

infoRouter Guru

Re: Email Templates

Post by infoRouter Guru » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:55 am

Don't worry. There is an easy way.

Basically all you have to do is make a copy of the template and add a prefix of "custom". The Live Update process will leave it intact.

I'd love to explain this to you in length but there is a document that explains this perfectly. Here you go:

https://www.inforouter.com/Downloads/V8 ... es-V80.pdf

The Guru

Mstanglx

Post by Mstanglx » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:23 am

So will inforouter automatically look for custom files first when sending an e-mail. For a test i changed DomainInvitation.html to custom.DomainInvitation.html. I sent out a domain invitation to my self and received the canned email not the custom one.

Is there something i need to turn on, or tell inforouter which email template to use when sending emails?

Thanks

infoRouter Guru

Post by infoRouter Guru » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:38 am

Hello,

I'm not sure what to say, this feature works great every time I try it.
Make sure to make changes to the content of the email so you can be absolutely sure that you are getting your modified email (or not).
Just for good measure, run Live Update before this process to become current with the latest version of infoRouter.
At the time of this posting, we are on 8.1.113. If you are unsure about your own version, navigate to the infoRouter Control Panel and click on the "Server Status" link.

Let me know how this turns out.

The Guru.

Return to “General Questions & Issues About infoRouter EDMS”