Category Functions

Developing applications using the infoRouter Web Services API? Come join the forum.

Moderator: infoRouter Guru

mdavis

Category Functions

Post by mdavis » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:47 am

Hello there,

Looking through the API documentation I noticed that there are no function calls for Categories, and was wondering if there was a way to get a list of the categories defined on the server and perhaps the search string used to create them. I can recreate the existing categories in my application, but need the ability to process any future categories created on our infoRouter.

Thanks

mdavis

Re: Category Functions

Post by mdavis » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:29 am

In relation to this topic I was able to pull the categories from the inforouter/categories folder on the hosting server since my web app is hosted on the same server.
The only issue I ran into with this is that the search xmlcriteria defined for each the categories uses a folder id for the seach folder value. The search() function in the api is expecting a string path and not an folderID so the search results I recieve are for the entire document library (which is a strange result in itself). Is there another function I am overlooking which you can give the folderid and get the current folder path?
Thanks

sheava

Re: Category Functions

Post by sheava » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:44 pm

In relation to this topic I was able to pull the categories from the inforouter/categories folder on the hosting server since my web app is hosted on the same server.The only issue I ran into with this is that the search xmlcriteria defined for each the categories uses a folder id for the seach folder value. The search() function in the api is expecting a string path and not an folderID so the search results I recieve are for the entire document library (which is a strange result in itself). Is there another function I am overlooking which you can give the folderid and get the current folder path?Thanks

+ 1

Return to “infoRouter Web Services API forum”