PDF Conversion Service Configuration

This forum has been created to address PDF conversion related issues and questions.

Moderator: infoRouter Guru

horla

PDF Conversion Service Configuration

Post by horla » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:07 am

*** This post has been moved to the appropriate forum by the Guru. It was originally posted into the Scan Station Forum. ********

I am having problems with form template and PDF Conversion.
Each time I try to convert a template to PDF within inforouter, it generates error of different kind. i know i am missing out something but i can't really figure out what it is. to narrow the problem a bit, I think the problem is from the point within web.config (editting with notepad) where i am suppose to add a link to pdf services line. sometimes the error is:

(1) invalid url, access to path D:\ineptub\wwwroot\pdfconversionws\service.asmx is denied,
(2) invalid url: a port was expected because of there is a colon (':') present but the port could not be parsed,
(3) client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'. The request failed with the error message:- SERVER APPLICATION UNAVAILABLE,
(4) invalid url: the hostname could not be parsed.

Please i need help so i could configure the application properly

Thanx for your urgent response

infoRouter Guru

Re: PDF Conversion Service Configuration

Post by infoRouter Guru » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:15 am

Hello Horla,

The documentation on how to setup the PDF Conversion Service can be found here:

https://www.inforouter.com/Downloads/PD ... ervice.pdf

If this document does not help you, please send an email to support@inforouter.com

The Guru

horla

Post by horla » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:50 am

Good day inforouter Guru, i have tried ur suggestion on how to resolve the pdf conversion issue i am having all to no avail, i sent a mail to support@inforouter.com with my office mail address
(support [at] eemediba.com) attaching the screen shot of error i got but for more than one week you guys have not responded. please i need you to help me.

infoRouter Guru

Post by infoRouter Guru » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:27 am

Hello Horla,

The documentation we recommended outlines the exact configuration requirements. It appears from the error messages you are getting that the URL for the conversion service has not been properly specified in the infoRouter web.config file. Instead of a fully qualified URL, you appear to have specified a file system path of where the virtual directory is located. If you fix this, it should work like a charm.

The Guru

Return to “PDF Conversion Service”