Outlook Emails and Attachments

infoRouter Office Add-in issues, tips and tricks. Ask the Guru and fellow infoRouter users.

Moderator: infoRouter Guru

Bill Bogle

Outlook Emails and Attachments

Post by Bill Bogle » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:14 pm

I love the Outlook integration. You guys are great!
I think being able to fire a search and find emails because the search term exists in an email attachment is incredible.
One question though; I would like to be able to submit Outlook emails with partial attachments. i,e: If an email has 3 attachments, I would like to send the email to inforouter with just two. Sometimes emails may have irrelevant attachments I would like to ignore.
Why can't I do this?

infoRouter Guru

Re: Outlook Emails and Attachments

Post by infoRouter Guru » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:37 pm

It is possible to send some or all of the attachments. Some organizations would like to preserve the email as it was originally sent. So we chose (by default) allow only sending emails to inforouter with all attachments intact. We did however make this an application setting. Please consult with your system administrator on your company policy related to this setting.
If you are the system administrator, this setting is located in the inforouter Control Panel > "Email and Notification Settings" > "Outlook Integration" > "Allow partial attachment uploads".

Return to “MS Office Add-in”