Naming Scanned Documents

So you are in charge of the scanning around here!
This is the right place to post your questions. Let the Guru handle all the difficult stuff.

Moderator: infoRouter Guru

ifyonyibe

Naming Scanned Documents

Post by ifyonyibe » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:56 am

When a document is scanned into InfoRouter, Does InfoRouter automatically name and index the scanned document?

I have a scenario where I have 3 computers (scanners attached to each one) and I want to use the 3 systems to scan onto a Server simultaneously. In addition, the documents I need to scan are arranged in a haphazard manner and I do not want to individually name each scanned document.

What can Inforouter do to automatically name them sequentially? Please advise me.

I look forward to your positive response.

Thanks

Ifeanyi Onyibe

infoRouter Guru

Re: Naming Scanned Documents

Post by infoRouter Guru » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:02 am

Hello,

I understand the case you described. However, the Scan Station product is designed to pull in already scanned documents (existing documents with valid names that end with TIFF of PDF).

If you use a product like KOFAX to do your scanning, I'm sure they have a way of automatically naming scanned documents. These products are also capable of creating a text file via OCR.

By the way, we have written an interface into KOFAX so that these documents can go directly into infoRouter as soon as they are being scanned.

I hope this helps.

The Guru

Return to “infoRouter Scan Station and Document Scanning Questions”